Saturday 1 November 2014

It'll be Christmas before you know it ...

... and before that, it'll be the Christmas party!

Rumour has it that we won't be having a Christmas party at work this year. However, my ears pricked up when I heard the boyf say that they are having a black tie Christmas party at the Hilton hotel. I immediately started to panic that I don't have anything that formal. And even if I did, could I pull it off?

This years Christmas party outfit inspiration comes from the film that we've all watched a million times on ITV2, and will continue to watch every time it's on ... 10 Things I Hate About You. I have always admired Bianca's two-piece prom dress.




So here is my Christmas interpretation. It's a bit 90's, but I'm liking that at the moment. And you can guarantee that with mix and match co-ordinates, there will be no embarrassing "same dress" situations on the night.

 photo xmasskirt.jpg


Skirt Beloved | Top Topshop | Bag Debenhams | Shoes New Look | Choker ASOS

Do you have any Christmas parties planned? What will you be wearing?

1 comment:

  1. I totally love the idea of the two piece! Its really gorgeous and unique, plus you'll get tonnes more wear from it than just having a dress. Black tie sounds nice. I love a proper formal Christmas do, no one seems to have them anymore where I work! Mine is a lot more casual and I'll probably be well over-dressed, but what the hey. I bought my dress so long ago, I get well over excited! xx

    Sarah | seriouslyshallow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete